
Over the past few days, Coby has said some pretty cute things that tickled me. Connor was spending the night at a friends house Friday night, so I told Coby and Cale that they could stay up late and watch a Scooby Doo DVD. Cale clearly needed to use the bathroom so I told Coby I'd turn on the DVD once Cale was done. Well, Cale tried and tried to go, but nothing was happening. Coby came in and said very seriously "Mommy, just give him a suppository already, so we can go watch Scooby Doo. I'm sick of waiting!" Then, Coby proceeded to climb onto the counter, get into the cabinet and pull out the box of suppositories (which by the way we haven't used in loooong time, so I don't even know where Coby came up with this idea!). Actually, I guess if you've ever had to have one, it wouldn't be an experience you'd soon forget, so no wonder he knew about the suppositories!
Coby told me that he wants to be grown up. I asked why and he told me that when he's grown up he can buy all the legos he wants. He really wants some Batman legos and is saving up his allowance to get them, but is feeling frustrated at how long it takes to save $10. He is starting from scratch because he just saved up and spent $10 to get some Star Wars legos. When you get $2 a week it does take time, but Coby is so good at knowing what he wants and saving until he reaches his goal. I won't mention any names (he's 9 and his name also starts with a C) but our other child that receives allowance spends it as soon as he gets it! Totally reminds me of his daddy. That money just burns a hole in his pocket, whereas Coby is like me and saves it until he can get what he really wants! It's funny when you start to see pieces of yourself in your kids.
Last night, Coby wanted to know why his pistol (yep, that's what the boys call it!) wasn't big. I said it's perfectly proportioned to your body size, Coby. No, just look at it, it's not big at all he told me. He pulled down his pants and was showing me while he was talking about it. It's really small, it's only 3 degrees, he continued. I have no idea what three degrees means when it comes to size, but to Coby it's not a good thing at all. I told him everything is fine, it will grow as he grows.
Sometimes I just have to laugh....I still can't believe this is my life. The boys are always doing something to cause me to laugh out loud! They are hysterical and I love being a boy mom! I was such a girly girl growing up and to this day I hate getting dirty. I never enjoyed playing or watching sports either, but oh how I love watching Connor play baseball or playing a game of tennis with Coby on the driveway. I just know that God has a sense of humor because I never would've imagined I'd be the mom of three little boys (or three kiddos at all for that matter!). The funny thing is that my sister told my mom a while back that she just couldn't imagine me having girls. What does that mean? I hope it means that I'm just a really good boys' mama!
Coby told me that he wants to be grown up. I asked why and he told me that when he's grown up he can buy all the legos he wants. He really wants some Batman legos and is saving up his allowance to get them, but is feeling frustrated at how long it takes to save $10. He is starting from scratch because he just saved up and spent $10 to get some Star Wars legos. When you get $2 a week it does take time, but Coby is so good at knowing what he wants and saving until he reaches his goal. I won't mention any names (he's 9 and his name also starts with a C) but our other child that receives allowance spends it as soon as he gets it! Totally reminds me of his daddy. That money just burns a hole in his pocket, whereas Coby is like me and saves it until he can get what he really wants! It's funny when you start to see pieces of yourself in your kids.
Last night, Coby wanted to know why his pistol (yep, that's what the boys call it!) wasn't big. I said it's perfectly proportioned to your body size, Coby. No, just look at it, it's not big at all he told me. He pulled down his pants and was showing me while he was talking about it. It's really small, it's only 3 degrees, he continued. I have no idea what three degrees means when it comes to size, but to Coby it's not a good thing at all. I told him everything is fine, it will grow as he grows.
Sometimes I just have to laugh....I still can't believe this is my life. The boys are always doing something to cause me to laugh out loud! They are hysterical and I love being a boy mom! I was such a girly girl growing up and to this day I hate getting dirty. I never enjoyed playing or watching sports either, but oh how I love watching Connor play baseball or playing a game of tennis with Coby on the driveway. I just know that God has a sense of humor because I never would've imagined I'd be the mom of three little boys (or three kiddos at all for that matter!). The funny thing is that my sister told my mom a while back that she just couldn't imagine me having girls. What does that mean? I hope it means that I'm just a really good boys' mama!

No comments:
Post a Comment