Connor was cracking up when he unwrapped his present from Kennard and Kristen to find a diaper box...
No diapers here though...just this cool helmet to go with the skateboard they got him! Thankfully we have good insurance because I have a bad feeling we'll be seeing out first ever broken bone/trip to the ER after receiving this gift!
Coby got TONS of Star Wars legos...he was thrilled!
Cale was so excited to get this light saber set for the Wii (and they also seem to work well for hitting brothers too...did I mention that most of Cale's life is spent doing time-outs?)
On the 26th, we went to Clint and Michele's for the Heath family Christmas (while everyone else was eating, Connor just sat by the tree...he couldn't wait to open presents...I can't say that I blame him)





Also, I read this on another blog the other day and I want to try to remember this and take it to heart on tough days with the boys...although the days may be long, the years are short. So true. I needed to be reminded of that. In fact, I think I'll write it out and hang it on the fridge because truthfully most days seem to be really long around here lately, but I still need to cherish them.
Happy New Year!
Connor helped pass out gifts....until he found some of his own to open that is!
Cale opening his new fishing pole...can't wait til it warms up so we can use it.
Coby got TONS more Star Wars Legos
(surprisingly we only got one duplicate)
(surprisingly we only got one duplicate)
Cale enjoyed cousin Braden's new elephant rocker. Poor Cale, he never did have a rocker. He's so deprived! ha
We had a wonderful Christmas. In all honesty, I'm thankful that a new year/decade has begun. Last year was a mixed bag of good and bad (no complaints though, God has always been so faithful to us), but I do look forward to a new beginning. My goal for the year is this: Be more positive. I want to try to see the good in things and people where in the past I much too often only saw the negative. I think changing this ONE thing will make a dramatic difference in not only my life, but the lives of those around me. Of course, there are other things I want to do differently as well, but this is the only one I'm sharing here.
Also, I read this on another blog the other day and I want to try to remember this and take it to heart on tough days with the boys...although the days may be long, the years are short. So true. I needed to be reminded of that. In fact, I think I'll write it out and hang it on the fridge because truthfully most days seem to be really long around here lately, but I still need to cherish them.
Happy New Year!

2 comments:
Yeah! I'm glad that I am not the only one ready for school to start for the kiddos! I have enjoyed the time as well, but two weeks is a long time! Happy New Year!
Vanessa
I love how much Cale looks like you in this pics! Poor guy having time outs on Christmas morning, though :)
Post a Comment