Thursday, May 7, 2009

show us where you live Friday: living room edition

Welcome back! It's week two of "Show us Where You Live Friday" that Kelly of Kelly's Korner started. This week we are sharing our living rooms with each other. Be sure and stop by Kelly's for a list of home tours as there are some amazing homes out there. I am getting lots of great ideas for my home...now I just need the money to do some shopping!

Our living room is just that...the place where we truly do most of the living in this house. Everything in it has to be comfortable. We bought our home less than a year ago (it was a spec home so we didn't build it, but it was new). I love the size of our living room, but would love to paint it a darker shade and also do something different with the fireplace. I think I'd like to replace the brick with rock and paint the mantel a distressed black. Until then, I just decorate around it. I almost didn't want the house because of the fireplace, but in the end, the house was just a perfect fit for our family.

The above picture is the view of the living room from the entryway and the pic below shows both the living room and the "piano" room view from the entryway.

This is the view from the "piano" room.
Wow, I think I need to get out the windex and clean all of my mirrors! I didn't realize how dusty/smudgy they are.

This is the room that we named the "piano" room. It is supposed to be the formal dining room, but we just aren't formal people and prefer to eat at our kitchen table. So, we decided to turn it into a room that we could actually use. We pulled the hanging light fixture up toward the ceiling and turned this room it into an extension of the living room. We needed a place for the piano which was the piano my parents had when I was growing up. Darren loves to play, so they passed it on to us.


Thanks for stopping by our home! I'm not sure what we're sharing next week. I don't think Kelly has made that announcement yet!? Have a great Friday!

14 comments:

Anna said...

Thanks for the tour...you have a warm, inviting home!

Rachel said...

I love the walls in the piano room!

Southern Fried Gal said...

So fun to go on the tour! You do have a very spacious home. I like the feel your have created.

sportzmom said...

I love how open your house is. I like the idea of a piano room!

Gabi said...

What a nice open house! Cozy and comfortable too. Thanks for letting us "in".

Heather said...

I love your floor plan!! So open and your living room is so cute!! We have the same tile that Kaye that makes!! Great job decorating!

Anonymous said...

you have a beautiful home! i love the breakfast table that we got a glimpse of!!! thanks for letting us visit.

Bamawhitney said...

Beautiful room! Thanks for stopping by my blog! The tv armoire was a Goodwill treasure for $24.99 - it is a Broyhill! That price makes me love it even more!

Jenny said...

I love your house! Everything is beautiful...did you get your family plaque through the place that did Kelly's? Love it!!! I want one for my bar.

Your boys are adorable!

Unknown said...

Love this room! :-) especially love that family name plaque -- I think the stone would look amazing on the fireplace!

Laurie said...

Love the openess to the family room--the center of the home! Loved all your accents too! Enjoyed taking the tour!

twinsplusone said...

gorgeous details....love your framed pics! arent boys great?!

Peterson Party of 5 said...

Beautiful!
Happy Mother's Day!
xoxo,
Doreen

Amanda said...

I just love your home!!!