I'm also feeling really stupid today. I paid my mortgage payment online last week and noticed that the bank hadn't posted my payment yet, but that the payment was posted on our mortgage immediately. After giving it three days to post I finally called the bank where our loan is at and casually mentioned that I noticed my payment was posted there, but that for some reason my bank account wasn't reflecting the payment yet. On a whim, I asked what the bank account number was that I used. I was off one number!! I sure hope it is not someone's account. I repaid it today with our real checking account number (I triple checked myself) and all is well on our end, but I am worried sick that someone out there is going to have our mortgage payment withdrawn from their account. Oh, I pray that the account number I gave is non-existent. I feel like such a moron!
After I got the mortage situation squared away, I headed out for lunch and shopping with my mom. I always enjoy our time together. Unfortunately while I was out, Darren called me to let me know that Coby has developed some kind of tic. I thought something seemed a little off with Coby last night, but I got distracted before I had time to figure out what was going on with him (by the way...it was D's 32nd birthday yesterday!). So, I asked what Coby was doing and Darren said he was heavily blinking every 5-10 seconds and when Darren asked Coby if he could help it, he told him he couldn't that he was probably just tired. When I got home, I didn't comment to Coby about it at all, but as I watched him he would blink three times in quick succession while moving his neck to the side with an almost grimace on his face. Ugh! Darren had already researched it while I was out and said that it is best for us not to bring his attention to it and that it will likely go away in time. In the meantime there is nothing we can do to help him. Poor little guy. I hate seeing him like that, but you know what, I don't think he even knows it is happening. For that I am grateful.
Sorry for the downer post, I'll try to be more chipper next time! Tomorrow I'm off to the zoo for a field trip (Coby's). The boys and I haven't been to the zoo since last week! After that Connor has a track meet I'd like to go to. He is running the (something, maybe 50 or 100?) yard dash and doing the hoola hoop. And no, he doesn't know the first thing about hoola hooping. ME: Why did you sign up for that Connor? You don't know how to hoola hoop. CONNOR: "Well, no one knows how and I knew that someone needed to do it. I just don't want anyone to feel left out." Hmmm, this should be very interesting! I wouldn't miss it for anything. Plus, it's not supposed to rain all day tomorrow (but possibly off and on). That will be a nice change....except it's supposed to be hot and humid. But I'm not complaining. Not me, not at all. Especially not today.
Edited to add: It's now Wednesday afternoon and the "tic"seems to be gone. No signs of anything abnormal with Coby all day! Hooray!

No comments:
Post a Comment