Thursday, April 14, 2011

growing too fast

Every Thursday the boys bring saddlebags home from school (they hold important papers/communications from the school). As I looked through Coby's saddlebag tonight I was shocked as an old picture of Coby fell out with the papers....

It took me a minute to realize that this was from last year. His 1st grade teacher must've found it and sent it home with him. I just couldn't get over how much he has changed since then.

the above was from this year (2nd grade)

and this is from this week

Unbelievable. I had no idea how much he had changed in such a short period of time. But goodness, he has. One think hasn't changed thankfully...and that is how sweet he is {most of the time}. He is still as loving, affectionate and helpful as ever. He is SO special to me!!!!

This is Cale the other day. It was nearly 80 degrees outside. I was watering and looked up to find him pantless, which is not uncommon around here, but he had apparently thrown on his Robin cape and a winter hat. The cape I always expect, but I'm not sure why he needed the hat!?! He told me he was Super Captain Underpants. He is always being something. I love his imagination. The other day during bath time he told me he was Santa, but not just Santa. No, he was the black Santa Claus. He would keep telling me during our conversation, I'm not Cale, I am the black Santa Claus. He always has a special voice he uses during this role-playing time too. He just tickles me sometimes.

Here is Ellie Mae at 17 weeks. She's getting so big and she pretty much stays in a state of trouble! Thank goodness she's sweet and cute. She gets her last set of puppy shots tomorrow and then we'll have her spayed next week. Poor girl! I'm not looking forward to that, but it must be done. I have a feeling the procedure won't keep this girl down for more than a few hours though! We'll see...

No comments: