Monday, March 30, 2009

blissfully content

That is how I felt when I woke up at 6 this morning. Yesterday was my birthday and I can say without hesitation that it was the best one yet! So far, 33 isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

I didn't do anything over the top special or anything, but it was just a wonderfully relaxing day. I haven't had a day like that in a long time. My first surprise was that Darren took the day off. He wanted to take me out to breakfast (I usually love to start my b-day off at Mimi's Cafe) but I told Darren that more than anything I would love to sleep in. Since we attend the Saturday night service at our church I can do that! I laid in bed until one o'clock. I should probably feel ashamed or embarrased about that, but I don't. Oh my, it was heavenly! No, I didn't sleep until 1, but to just lie in bed without little fellas coming in and out wondering "WHEN are you getting up? I want breakfast! Get up mommy! I'm hungry." It was divine.

After pulling myself out of bed, I walked into the kitchen to find a single pink rose, Sour Patch Kids (I am a sucker for SPK), and a card.

We took the boys to Darren's parents house, then we met mom and dad for an adult only lunch at Red Rock. It was wonderful as always and so nice to enjoy a meal without the little men in tow.

Then, Darren told me he was taking me shopping. I really didn't buy much, but it was so nice to have that time with Darren all to myself. Darren is such a good sport, but I'll go back and do my real shopping sometime without him. I love it that he wanted to take me, but I just hate dragging him all through the mall for hours on end. I am very indecisive when it comes to shopping and the only person I know who can stand the agony of shopping with me is my mom. Oh, my poor mom (hi mom...do you want to go shopping later this week?).

I happen to know that I'm also getting photoshop elements and the Photoshop Elements for Dummies book from Darren. They are coming in the mail this week. I cannot wait....I've been wanting to buy it for a long time, but was too cheap to buy it for myself. I'd better get busy doing laundry now, because once I get photoshop I'm going to have my work cut out for me. I hear it is very hard to learn, but I am very eager to learn it so I know I will...eventually.
After yesterday I am ready to face a new week. Bring it on! I am relaxed and ready.

No comments: