We're having a blizzard in our neck of the woods today which is very rare. Our school was cancelled even before anything fell from the sky (which was nice since we all knew it would be cancelled anyway, plus it saved me from having to wake up at the crack of dawn to check school closings). I just wish the wind would die down so we could enjoy the beauty of the snow falling, but alas that doesn't appear to be happening anytime soon. The boys and I are hibernating for now, but I told them that they can head out as soon as the wind slows down a bit. I can't wait to go out and play with them! Until then, I've got plenty of house cleaning to do (sheets to be changed, laundry to tend to, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, and bathrooms to be cleaned...yep, I've been slacking and
everything needs to be done, but today is the perfect day to do it!)! My reward when I'm done is that I'm going to read a book that I've had for a month and a half and still haven't started to read. I can't wait to snuggle up on the couch with it. What a treat!
While I am getting my work done, the {little} boys are playing cars and Connor is reading. I love days like this (where the kids are happily playing together and I'm able to get lots accomplished)! As for D, he worked all night so he's really hibernating. I jokingly asked Darren if he thought they'd just tell the police not to come in last night as all state and city agent workers (aside from police and highway patrolmen of course) were told not to come in. He got a good laugh out of that, but seriously who needs the police {in the middle of the night} during a blizzard? A girl can dream right? I just wish that every now and then he could be here {awake} to enjoy watching the snow come down with me and the boys. However, I am thankful for his job so I'd better quit whining about now!!!!
Alright, I'm off to clean....
1 comment:
Ahh snow days!
Enjoy the time with everyone home-
Post a Comment