
Exactly one week ago today, this little guy turned four years old. I still can't believe he's old enough to be four and even more surprising to me is the fact that I'm okay with it. He's my baby and he's growing up just like he should be. I am completely content to be the mom of a 9 (just days away from turning 10), 7 and 4 year old. It's probably a good thing I am too because Darren would think I had lost my marbles if I wanted another baby around!

Cale had school on the day of his birthday and I forced kindly asked him to let me take a picture of him on his birthday. He happily oblidged for a minute or two, but as you'll see in a second, things quickly went south!
Oh yes, this kid already has an attitude (he learns everything he know from his brothers)! Sad thing is that he's been sporting the attitude for a solid year now. Maybe he's getting it all out of his system now and the teen years will be a breeze! ha

He wanted chocolate cupcakes with camo stars on top to take to school.
I have to brag on Cale for a moment. We really haven't celebrated Cale's birthday yet as we are having a combined family get together for his and Connor's birthdays this weekend, but I fully anticipated giving him a present on his actual birthday. You know what though? Not one time on his birthday did he mention wanting presents or getting them. I was very impressed by this. I mean honestly, who doesn't want a little something on their birthday? So, since he didn't ask I've just saved his gifts for his party! (I just remembered that he did get a very early b-day gift back in December...a train table, but I doubt he remembered it was a birthday gift).
There are a few things that I want to remember about Cale at this age. He weighs 32 pounds, which puts him in line to be the "biggest" of his brothers (which isn't saying much!). He loves to be read to and loves to "read" to me. He knows all dinosaurs by name and can tell you what each one likes to eat. He's even made up a few...let's see there's the diarrhea-o-saurus and the wipee-o-saurus. He has a very active imagination! He know what sound each of the letters make and often times when I say a word he can tell me what letter it starts with. He loves to learn and especially loves going to school. He is a momma's boy (and I love it!) He is the most outgoing of all the boys and he talks non-stop. He is hilarious and when he is around, there is NEVER a dull moment! I love this little guy so much and am so thankful that we were blessed with him.

2 comments:
I love the picture of him falling out of bed! I really thought we'd be in the hospital at the same time with Cale and Carter :)
Look at Mr. Man! So cute! Happy birthday big guy!
Post a Comment