I have been looking forward to this weekend since last Monday. I am a homebody and the past few weeks have kept me away from home much more than I would have liked so it was nice to be able to spend the entire day at home today. I spent the day doing some much needed cleaning and catching up around the house while the boys spent the afternoon in the back yard. It was absolutely beautiful out (70 degrees!) and the boys had a blast playing on the swings, fort and playing baseball. Days this nice are few and far between now (we've had SO much rain lately) so I'm glad they were able to enjoy their Saturday outdoors.
I have some pics of Coby to share from last night...
Connor and I were watching a show in the bedroom when Coby came in wearing his police shirt and a makeshift police belt (it was actually a tool belt that came with a Bob the Builder set years ago) that held his gun and baton. He said, "I'm just like daddy!" This is not unusual, he is always dressing up and many times likes to dress like a policeman (both Coby and Cale have shirts made out of the fabric from Papa's (Darren's dad) old police uniforms and the badges from Darren's old worn out shirts.) It wasn't until Coby came into the room a few minutes later that I realized that Coby was truly trying to emulate daddy. I thought it was so sweet....
I sure do feel safe living in this house with three cops here to protect me.

1 comment:
awww...did Darren love it? I love it when Carter plays dress up. And, I love the mug!
Post a Comment