Friday, October 24, 2008

(not so) dreaded phone call


Be prepared, I am going to brag about Connor again today! It's my blog and I can brag if I want to! :)

When the phone rang on Monday, the name on the caller ID got my attention. It was the call that all parents hope to never get...you know, a call from your child's teacher. Yep, it was Connor's teacher calling. I couldn't understand why his teacher would be calling since he has been so up on school lately and actually told me just that day that he is "really doing well with his education and that he smoked his AR goal." Those were his exact words (cracked me and Darren up). Seriously, where did he come up with that? Hmm...Come to think of it, I believe that I've overheard Darren tell Connor that he smoked him on an xbox golf game before. It was just so funny to hear it from our 8 year old. He is growing up way too fast.


Back to the phone call...


Mrs. T just wanted to let me know how proud she is of Connor. She said, "Can you believe his reading? He got over 30 AR points in the first 9 weeks and his goal was to get 12 points." Then she told me that he is Top Dog again this week for the third week in a row. Pretty cool huh, 3 of 9 weeks he's been the Top Dog. I kept waiting for something bad to come up, but Mrs. T really did just call to let me know how proud she is of Connor and wanted us to know.


What an amazing teacher! There are many wonderful teachers in our school, but we have been truly blessed to have Mrs. T this year. I don't know of many teachers that take the time to call and say, hey, I just wanted you to know how proud I am of your child, as they usually only take the time to call for something negative. She has brought out a fire and pride in Connor and I just love to see it. I prayed and prayed over the summer that Connor would end up with the right teacher who would help him want to reach his potential and discover that learning and going to school can actually be fun! God took care of it in ways that I never would have dreamed. Connor loves going to school. He hasn't felt that way since Pre-K! He wakes up with a smile every morning and cannot wait to get to school (and I can't wait to drop him off either...he is just a little too chipper first thing in the morning). I love it!


The pics below were taken last week. I cannot believe how much Connor is growing and changing. Time is going by way too fast!












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Connor! That's awesome!